Last updated: 16 Sep 2022
1. General Information
Thank you for your interest in our website and our online services. Protecting customers/visitors/users data and using it only in the way our customers/visitors/users expect from us is our highest priority. Thus, the following policy is designed to inform you about the processing of your personal data and your rights regarding this processing according to the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
We, Total eBiz Solutions Pte Ltd (hereinafter referred to as TEBS or “the Company”), are the controller according to the PDPA and therefore responsible for the data processing explained herein.
c) Data Protection Officer
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time by using the following contact details: 31 UBI Road 1, #06-01, Singapore 408694, Phone: 6290 0204, e-mail: [email protected].
2. Job applicant and office visitors
- For visitors to our physical office, kindly note that CCTV are in place for security and investigation purposes. If you do not consent to your footages being captured, kindly note that we might deny you entry into our office premise.
3. Website users
a) Personal data we may collect from Website Users:
- IP address currently used by your device
- Date and time of visit
- Browser type and operating system of your device
- Pages accessed within our website
- Cookies’ preference
- Name, email address and other contact information provided when registering an account
To make your visit to our website more pleasant and to enable the use of certain functions, we may use “cookies” on various pages. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your terminal device. Some of the cookies we use are deleted after the end of the browser session. Other cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies to recognize your browser on your next visit. You can set your browser in such a way that you are informed about the setting of cookies separately and decide individually about their acceptance or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or generally.
For more information, see the help function of your Internet browser. If cookies are not accepted, the functionality of our website may be limited.
b) Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data of Website Users
When you visit our website and/or register your name and emails with us, we may use it for the following:
- For the specific purpose for which the information was volunteered;
- To respond to your requests and queries;
- To enable your use of our services on our Website;
- To verify your authenticity;
- To diagnose problems and administering our Website;
- To enforce contractual and legal rights and obligations regarding the use of our Website;
- To send you newsletter to your email address if you subscribed to the newsletter. Your personal data will be processed until you unsubscribe from the newsletter by clicking the link “unsubscribe” which is provided in each newsletter you receive from us. Please note that you will not receive any newsletters from us anymore after you unsubscribe.
- To process information you filled in our contact form for addressing your queries. The personal data that you filled out into the contact form will only be processed for answering your request. Filling in and submitting the contact form constitutes an affirmative action by which you have given your consent to the data processing.
- To send you email notifications;
- To keep our Website secure and prevent fraud;
- To comply with legal requirements, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court; or
- For any other purposes for which we have obtained your consent. We rely on you to have obtained consent from the relevant third-party (e.g., next-of-kins, spouse, emergency contact) for any personal information of these third-party that you have provided to us and/or will provide to us.
- We may disclose your personal data to third parties and collection and use of personal data without consent is permitted.
c) Withdrawing Consent
- The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided above.
- Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process and effect your request within fifteen (15) days of receiving it.
- Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and extent of your request, we may not be in a position to process your newsletter subscription, address your outstanding queries and/or other activities as stated in the section under Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data of Website user. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing through the Data Protection Officer.
- Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
d) Consequences of Not Consenting and/or Providing Personal Data Necessary for Transaction/Service/Application
- Please be noted that should you not consent and provide us with the relevant personal data to fulfil the “Purposes” of collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by TEBS, it may hinder our ability to continue to interact with you.
- For Job Applicants: We may not be able to make a decision on your suitability for recruitment and employment or comply with the law and therefore, we may not be able to make an offer of employment.
- For TEBS Employees: We may not be able to fulfil the Purposes listed in the Personal Data Protection Policy, Section 3b.
e) Access to and Correction of Personal Data
- If you wish to make (a) an access request for access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or (b) a correction request to correct or update any of your personal data which we hold, you may submit your request in writing or via email to our Data Protection Officer at the contact details provided below.
- Please note that a reasonable fee may be charged for an access request. If so, we will inform you of the fee before processing your request.
- We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably possible. In general, our response will be within thirty (30) business days. Should we not be able to respond to your access request within thirty (30) days after receiving your access request, we will inform you in writing within thirty (30) days of the time by which we will be able to respond to your request. If we are unable to provide you with any personal data or to make a correction requested by you, we shall generally inform you of the reasons why we are unable to do so (except where we are not required to do so under the PDPA).
- Please note that depending on the request that is being made, we will only need to provide you with access to the personal data contained in the documents requested, and not to the entire documents themselves. In those cases, it may be appropriate for us to simply provide you with confirmation of the personal data that our organisation has on record, if the record of your personal data forms a negligible part of the document.
f) Protection of Personal Data
- To safeguard all information that you give us, all electronic storage and transmission of all information collected through our Website and through our mobile services facility are secured with appropriate security technologies. All electronic transactions entered into via our Website will be protected by encryption technology. In addition, SSL (Secure Socket Layer) ensures secure transmission of data from the internet to our systems. Our servers are hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced technology to prevent interference or intrusion of information.
- However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us by email or from our Website, and you do so at your own risk
g) Accuracy of Personal Data
- We generally rely on personal data provided by you (or your authorised representative). In order to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate, please update us if there are changes to your personal data by informing our Data Protection Officer in writing or via email at the contact details provided below.
h) Retention of Personal Data
- We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which they were collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
- We will cease to retain your personal data, or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purposes for which the personal data were collected, and are no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
i) Transfers of Personal Data Outside of Singapore
- We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property, or safety.
5. Links to other Websites